Just before we left we had a little get together for our new found friends, right down at the beach. The weather was kind to us, it was mild and we got a fire sunset again. We served cold Longboard Island Lager from the Kona Brewing Company (currently our favourite brew), and some pupus (hawaiian for appetizers), and enjoyed five hours by the ocean. The kids played in the sand and beach grass, mainly blonde angels of all ages. I think we all shared the warm Aloha spirit and a deep thankfulness for being able to enjoy the beauty of the place we were in. Everyone brings a different story, but most share the attachment to this very special place. Who was there? Well a mix from 1 to 60 years old, all now residents of Lanikai or Kailua:
- Marian and Charly have been friends in Kailua since 1984, they are the reason I have been drawn to Hawaii and in particular Kailua for 25 years – they are building and playing and enjoying time with their daughter Sienna
- Peter and Eva (our hosts) live here in the best spot on the beach in the winter, enjoying the ocean and the beach, eating hering and Knäckebrot from their native Sweden, riding their kayaks, sailing, and enjoying the evenings with friends.
- Brenda shines with her ability to truly heal people in her special sanctuary via lomi lomi massage and other means
- Elena and William have left Italy to live in paradise and work at night so they can play during the day
- Julie and Greg train dolphins at the Kahala hotel and play on the beach with their cute girls
- Kevin and Mike are best friends from way back in South Carolina and now rule the Es ist die nachste Generation im Online Casino Glucksspiel – der 3D Casinounterhaltung meilenweit voraus. Kailua Bay kite scene with their fresh style acquired in Florida where they recently moved from
- Levi is the king of Kailua and beyond with the smoothest style, the highest jumps, the best tricks
- Simone and Christian moved here from Germany to raise their two angel daughters, and they are made for this place
- Neal is a retired hydrologist from California and moved here with his wife Barbara to be in and out of the ocean, often in a OC6 canoe
- Paula and Rex ride single outrigger canoes, make fantastic veggie pizza, and have fully embraced the Hawaiian spirit
- Hailey is majoring in bliss at university and travels with her spirit and her beautiful instruments to the beach
- Andrew is at the beach when the wind blows and flies his yellow kite very gracefully
- Mike and Mia surf anything, both board size and waves, and have started Twin Island Surf company, in memory of Mike”s late twin brother
- Sema moved from Germany and crews in the canoe and enjoys the beach every day with Bobby
just a few impressions:
A highlight of the evening was when Kevin and Mike arrived in the moonlight with their kites directly at the beach in front of the party. These guys know what they are doing and are friends with all the sharks in the bay!
Thanks to all of you for making us feel at home away from home, inspiring us, showing us the Aloha spirit, letting us be part of the community, all the smiles, teaching us how to kite surf, surf, ride the canoe, see the turtles, and sharing some of the moments in your paradise… We will miss you, and we will see you again, back in hawaii or some other magic spot on this planet!
Categories: Hawaii - Oahu